Monday, May 3, 2010

Shit Happens

SO the other day I was working in funnel as usual. ODF broke sales records this spring so they gave us a taco bar for lunch as a reward. I was working with a girl name Milly and we had been all excited about the taco bar all morning. She went on her break first and when she came back she told me that it was delicious and that she had eaten too much. I went and as soon as I arrived at the taco bar my guy friends were joking and warned me not to eat it because one of the had the sudden urge to go about 30 minutes after eaten.

Well I paid them no attention. About 15 minutes into my break I got called into the manager's office. "Kassi, Milly is not feeling well, can you go back to funnel in case she gets sick? We will pay you for your break" Since I am such a nice person I headed back out to funnel..about two steps out of the door I got a text from Milly "Kassi I just threw up and I have the runs"

So my guy friends weren't kidding about the food...so not only did I have to go save Milly from funnel but I was worried that I was gonna get sick too. I got back to funnel and Linda who had been given us breaks had to leave so I was running funnel on my own. Every ten minutes or so Milly would go back and forth between the funnel stand and the bathroom and each time she would call the managers and tell them that they needed to send someone out to help me because she needed to be close to the bathroom... I survived working in funnel all by myself for almost two hours...it was crazy but I survived. Milly felt so bad that she had left me stranded there but I keep telling her "hey, shit happens" hehe in that literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment